I love photography. Not only do you get to capture an all-too brief moment in your life (your first car! a surprise birthday reveal! graduation day!), but you also get to relive that moment whenever you pour over the pics. This is just one of the reasons photography will always win out over an oil painting for me -- I just like looking at the real thing. So when I first saw models hit the runways wearing digital print clothing, I was in awe.
Sure, I've seen prints before, usually of the animal skin or classic polka dot variety, and illustrated patterns have been around for ages. But digital photo prints are a fresh take on the idea. Vibrant and super saturated, these digital prints run the gamut from beautiful landscapes and celestial skies to everyday objects like balloons and brightly wrapped candies.
Digital print clothing is popping up on everything -- shoes, leggings, maxi skirts, cocktail dresses ... just to name a few. And designers aren't just using their favorite photo as is. Many have manipulated these real life photos for a collage effect, colorblocked themes, and as a play on faux fabrics.
Now, I'm not ready to take a photo of my BFFs and wrap it around my body -- I prefer looking at their bright smiles in a frame on my wall, not on my boobs -- but I will be buying a digital print dress. And there are a few in here I definitely have my eye on. (Leave your opinion in the comment box below.)
Fierce Flowers
You can't help but feel happy while wearing this super saturated floral print tee. Paired with a tight, yellow skirt, and yellow sunnies, this is the ultimate summer look.Standing on Stars
The night sky is a popular photo option when it comes to digital print fashion. (You can find this type of print on leggings, dresses, and blouses.) I love how the stars perk up a simple pair of black wedge booties.Sky's the Limit
This sheer dress is light and airy, just like the beautiful sky print that covers it. And something tells me it's no surprise that the delicate flutter of the high-low hem matches the pink hues of the sunset perfectly. Romantic date, you've met your clothing match.Cheese Please
Searching for a fun digital print? Check out this tongue-in-cheek cheeseburger dress. Made with out of super soft jersey, this dress is perfect for keeping -- and looking -- cool in the summer. Add a pair of Converse, and you're good to go.Atomic Bomb
Not ready for a complete photo print dress? Try the trend in small doses. This atomic bomb T-shirt is a stunning image, but becomes playful when paired with teal colored denim. Copy this trick by selecting a color featured in your printed tee, and wearing that color denim.Juicy Bling
You don't need to stick to one continuous image with the digital print trend. This body-hugging dress uses bright photo elements, like the diamond bracelets, juicy grapefruits, and luscious red flowers, but splices them up for a collage effect.Trending Water
What's better than one hot fashion trend? Two hot fashion trends. Not only does this top feature a spectacular ocean view print, but it's also cropped -- another big craze this summer. Pair with a maxi skirt or high-rise jean cutoffs to complete the look.On the Road
There's something about an open road that's so exciting. That's why I totally dig this skirt. It's all about possibility. But the one that I love the most -- when it comes to completing this look, that is -- is a bright white cotton shirt and a pair of white flats for that relaxed summer feel.Faux Denim
I love denim but this dress takes that love to a whole other level. With its digital print quality, someone may think you actually stitched this dress together. Hmm ... do I sense another craft idea?Floral Fantasy
This bright, vibrant floral print makes for a fun cocktail dress, especially with the print continuing on the mesh peplum and neckline. Pair with a solid color heel and clutch for the ultimate party look.Lightning Strikes
Storm clouds may be brewing, but there's no bad news on the horizon with these leggings. The wide range of color and swirling skies create an exciting mix that's practically electric (pun intended). My suggestion: With such a hectic print, pair it with a solid color shirt. You don't want two prints competing for attention.Country Living
This looks like your basic colorblocked tunic from far away, but up close it's really a digital print of an ocean, rocks, and a field of flowers. What makes the effect so ingenuous is that the black and gray hues of the rocks fall right around your waist, helping to slim your midsection. And with the bright bolt of blue, people can't help but be drawn to your face.99 Red(ish) Balloons
Want to feel a little lighter? Check out this balloon print T-shirt. The print is so precise that the balloons look like they're about to practically float off the fabric. Add the sunbeam, and you've got a shirt that's airy, luminescent, and fun.Sweet Tooth
Heading out on a camping trip? Need to haul your books to the library? Do it with this yummy backpack. These digitally printed candies are guaranteed to make even the worst sourpuss smile.xoxo,
Angelique :-)














Here is my style ;)
ReplyDeleteHaha, I love these prints too. :)
Delete