Cake Batter Martini's

Friday, 24 August 2012

Good morning beautiful stars!

It is nearly the bank holiday weekend...and also nearly time to celebrate my first wedding anniversary.

The actual anniversary is on Monday 27th August, but my husband has booked us a table at a really fancy little restaurant in Warwickshire!  I'm totally excited and can't wait to have a grown-up evening of decadence.  I'll be sure to post lots of pictures come monday.

Bank Holiday made me think of way to funk up the weekend to make it more fun but also different, and I found the most amazing little recipe online.  The actual recipe is from The Novice Chef blog, this blog is run by Jessica who loves cooking and comes up with some amazing ideas to try out.  She takes beautiful pictures of all the food she cooks, and also describes the food and gives you super easy recipes to follow.

So with no further ado, I'm giving you her recipe for Cake Batter Martini's:




Cake Batter Martini

Yield: 2 martinis (or 1 BIG one!)

Ingredients:

3 ounces Three Olives Cake Vodka
3 ounces white/clear creme de cacao
2 ounces amaretto
2 ounces heavy whipping cream
1 ounce Godiva white chocolate liqueur
sprinkles (I used nonpareils)

Directions:

Place sprinkles on a shallow plate that is a little larger than the mouth of your martini glass. Dampen a paper towel with whipping cream (or water) and wet the rims of the martini glasses. Dip glass into sprinkles to coat the edges.
Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice and shake for about 30 seconds. Strain into martini glasses and drink!
Make ahead: For a big party, mix up a big bath of these martinis and store in a large pitcher in the fridge. Shake a glass at a time over ice whenever ready to serve!


I'm loving this recipe and can't wait to give it a go over this weekend.  Let me know what you think of it.

I hope you all enjoy the bank holiday  weekend in the UK, and for those who are just having a regular weekend with a monday start, just kick back, relax and take it easy!  Have fun whatever you do or if you are going away, you are sooo lucky!

Lots of fun-ness
Angelique

1 comment:

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS