Chic Easy Hairstyle for Wet Hair

Wednesday, 22 August 2012

In addition to the fact that about a billion stylists have beaten all of us over the heads with the warning that our blow dryers are frying our hair, I'm also just plain lazy with my locks. All that brushing and styling and heating — I'm exhausted just thinking about it. So, when I found some great ideas for how to fashionably style wet hair, I jumped at the opportunity and thought I'd share.

Taking inspiration from Alexander Wang and Chanel runways, these oh-so-simple tutorial will teach you some fashion-forward ways to make wet hair look impossibly chic, saving you time and effort in the a.m. What’s not to love about that?

The Swooping Bun

Modeled after the pearl-bedecked manes seen at Chanel's spring '12 show, this ladylike coiff effortlessly marries sophistication with cutting-edge style. 















Add some gel to your hair and create a slightly off center-part using a wide-tooth comb. Since this 'do is all about sculpting, I recommend using a stronger hold gel. I like to use a drugstore brand because cheap gel is always the best kind of gel for styles like this, where you want a more defined look. It stays wet-looking and helps hair maintain texture, so you don't show up to work with your hair looking one way, then have in-between frizz by lunchtime.















Comb back the sides around the ears; hold it parallel to the part, then comb down to the temple and sweep toward the back of the hair around the ear to sculpt the hair into an artistic shape.




















Gather hair into a ponytail at the nape of the neck and secure with an elastic.





















Run your fingers through the top of your hair — where the comb lines are from earlier — and wiggle them to help define those lines even more. 






















Loosely twist the hair.
























Hook your fingers near the top of the twisted tail and wrap the hair upward. 






















Continue twisting the hair into a loose figure-eight. It should be a bit droopy and hanging down. Pin in place.























By keeping the comb lines very defined, it ages down the look and roughs it up, keeping it from looking too prissy or matronly. The sculpting combined with the styling gel helps create a defined, dressed-up 'do that's practically a work of art.

















And et voila, an easy way to make wet hair look great!  Hope this speeds this up for you in the morning.

xoxo,
Angelique

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS