Review: Liz Earle Shampoo and Conditioner

Wednesday, 18 April 2012

Good morning beauties!

I'm so happy that it is half way through the week!  It's lovely knowing that the weekend is upon us sooner rather than later!

I'm so excited for my review today, as I've been trialling this particular product since early December 2011 and have waited this long to review the product for reasons of wanting to be as accurate as possible.

As you've gathered from the title, I'll be looking into Liz Earle's Shampoo and Conditioner.  The opinions I've formulated has come from my own experiences as well as that of my husbands.  We've used the product atleast three times per week and as such I'd say used it regularly.

It is worth mentioning that my hair is long, fine and has tendencies towards being oily at times, whereas my husband is fairly similar but he has very short hair and washes slightly more than three times per week. 

Firstly I'll tell you what Liz Earle says about each of the products that I've used: 

With West African shea butter, natural source vitamin E, shine-boosting apple and orange extracts plus naturally derived cleansers, our shampoo gently cleans without stripping to leave hair soft, shiny and smooth. Contains no sodium lauryl/laureth sulphate.


Wet hair thoroughly, massage into a rich lather from root to tip – a little shampoo goes a long way.


Naturally active ingredients include natural vitamin E, west african shea butter to moisturise plus apple and orange extracts boost shine.


A 200ml tube of shampoo retails at £8.50 on the Liz Earle website.








With black cohosh, yangu oil, blue seakale and shine-boosting apple and orange extracts, our ultra-light, finely balanced colour safe conditioner leaves oily, dull, limp or lifeless hair shiny, volumised and full of life.

Massage into clean, wet hair after using Botanical Shine Shampoo.

Naturally active ingredients include black cohosh extract, Kenyan yangu oil to help smooth the hair shaft, plus apple and orange extracts to boost shine.

Suitable for fine or oily hair

A 200ml tube of conditioner retails at £8.50 on the Liz Earle website.

The conditioner also comes in normal, dry or oily.




My Opinion:

I've got very mixed feelings about both the shampoo and conditioner.  That being said, before I regale you with the whole tale, I've got very sensitive scalp.  My hairs eco-system is a fine balance and I find that the smallest problem can throw my scalp into dissarray. 

Firstly the good:  I've very much enjoyed using the shampoo and conditioner for the simple reason that the product is highly cleansing and softening considering it is natural.  I love the fact that the shampoo/conditioner isn't just 20% natural, but literally 80% of what is in there is absolutely natural and sourced responsibly by Liz Earle and her team.  

The shampoo doesn't weigh hair down, smells wonderful and really leaves your mane EXTRA shiny.  You don't need a lot of shampoo or conditioner to do the job, and the conditioner really does take the oiliness out of hair.  Needless to say, if it wasn't for the trouble part of this shampoo, I'd use it EVERY SINGLE DAY!  I love it.

The bad:  As previously mentioned, my hair is 'testy' at the best of times.  I found with using the Liz Earle shampoo and conditioner for a week straight (3 times per week), it really stripped my scalp of nourishment.  That is, it severely dried out my scalp and it looked like I had dandruff.  However, I didn't have dandruff as my scalp was peeling. 

Now I know that I don't go in the sun much (sitting in a office 99.9% of the time) and thus couldn't have got a tan.  So really if I used this product, it is worth alternating it with some other more nourishing products occasionally. 

I'd still give this product a solid 4 out of 5 stars!  And most of the reviews on both the Liz Earle website as well as QVC was very positive. 

Have you tried this product?  How did you find it?


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS