Aaaah, it is almost the weekend! Just hang in there, everybody. I'm not sure what I'll be getting up to over this coming weekend, but I'm hoping to spend it with my husband and to be as busy as possible! I know that I will insist on some evening cuddles and movies, due to the autumn fast approaching now. *BOOO*
Back to the topic at hand though! I'm doing a late review of the first box from Boudoir Prive for August 2011. I know that this has probably been reviewed to death on uTube and on every persons blog, but I thought I'd give my input on the box and what I thought of it!
Now like many of you girlies out there, I too followed the uprising of Boudoir Prive on Facebook, Twitter and their website www.boudoirprive.co.uk. And what an uprising it was! The Boudoir Prive team were very clever in the sense that they built up anticipation surrounding the membership and the products on the various social networking sites before they actually allowed anyone to join. It was nail-biting and I fell for it hook, line and sinker! Eventually, I was allowed to subscribe and it was well worth the time and effort.
Everyone knows how the box and membership works really, so I won't be going into detail about that. I was not in the United Kingdom during the time that the first box was sent out, (boo hoo) but luckily had the opportunity to look at the wonderful contents the moment I returned! And it was inspirational!
I hadn't heard about any of the products that were featured in the August box, which, to me, made the whole experience so much more exciting! The packaging is fabulous with the soft pink box and black "B" logo on the front. When opening the very clever magnetic flap at the front of the box, the magic starts to ooze out of the box! There is a delightful soft pink bow surrounding a dark ominous package (excited much?), as well as the wonderful little foil sticker of a mirror to seal the contents in. It is also very exciting to receive a little letter inside that actually addresses you by your own name! It is all about the personal touches, and Boudoir Prive has certainly managed to make the experience special.
When I opened the wonderful little parcel, I found the following:
The most exciting product inside the box, for me, was the Sachajuan Hair Repair Conditioner. It smells wonderful and is a really reasonable size to trial the product properly. Then there was then Babor HSR extra firming lotion, which was interesting to try really even though it was certainly not a favourite. This product is very pricey and it is great to have the opportunity to try things that I haven't heard of before.
Also included in the box were two little perfume samples from Etat Libre D'Orange and two green teas from Bloom. Both these products, again, was things that I was excited to try out! And lastly in the box I found the Olavie Chardonnay body butter and the Jane Iredale Purelash Extender and Conditioner. These last two products was really the highlight of the box! The Olavie Chardonnay body butter literally smells of wine and is very rich and creamy. It is a joy to use and will definitely be on my christmas list for Santa to buy me! (Hehehe, sorry for mentioning the 'C'- word)
The Jane Iredale range has also interested me a lot! I enjoy wearing really natural makeup on a day-to-day basis, and Jane Iredale's makeup range is mineral-based and has been raged about on numerous occassions. The makeup is basically good for the skin and will help to prevent break-outs and is very soft on the skin. I'll certainly be trying more of her products in future.
Overall, this box has been a pleasant and interesting surprise. I've enjoyed the box from the moment of opening it, to the point where I got to try and experiment with all the products. I think that Boudoir Prive has been a huge success so far, and can definitely give themselves a pat on the back.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend! Are you subscribed to Boudoir Prive? What was your favourite product out of the box?
August 2011 - Boudoir Prive Box
Friday, 16 September 2011
share: facebook | twitter | pinterest
Labels:
Babor,
Bloom,
Boudoir Prive,
Etat Libre D'Orange,
Jane Iredale,
Olavie,
Sachajuan
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










No comments:
Post a Comment