Official Fashion Colour of the Spring: Radiant Orchid

Wednesday, 29 January 2014

Good evening lovelies!

Tonight brings a slightly later post then normal, but it has been a busy few days. I'm officially over January and all the blues it brings. Actually, stuff it, I'm over Winter!

I'm incredibly excited for the Spring/Summer season 2014 and can't wait for an updated wardrobe! It is my favourite time of year with the warmer weather and fun times to be had.

A new season means new 'it' colours, and this year the spring/summer season means that Radiant Orchid is that cool colour that everyone is going to want to be seen in.  This past Winter season it was 'Ox Blood'.



From left to right: READY eye shadow in The Dream Sequence, £29, bareMinerals;  Krista dress, £139, Hobbs London;  Stila lip balm in Gemma, £16, Space NK;  Nails Inc nail polish in Devonshire Row, £11, ASOS;  Aspinal leather iPad case, £125, Selfridges;  Low heels, £35, ASOS  

This colour is basically a fuschia purple colour, but hot damn I love it!  It is about time that purple made big a splash on the catwalks and beauty counters!  I'll certainly be getting myself the nail polish and lippy!

I think it is a universally flattering colour on various skin tones, but would look especially amazing against African-American skin tones!  It is like a deeply coloured gem almost. Just stunning.

Will you be wearing this colour?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS