Sooo time for the inevitable New Years Resolution post. Yup, you might be sick of reading these bad boys BUT guess what? I'm still posting mine! Hahaha.
So last year I wrote some down...
Lets have a look at how many I actually achieved to complete before bridging the gap to my NEW new year's resolutions.
New Years Resolutions for 2013
1) Keep moving on my journey of weightloss. I've finally found a system that works and my local Slimming World Group never fails to reinvigorate and inspire me towards weighing less. I'm also thinking of joining a dancing or martial arts class to help with slimming down and getting fit.
Yes, for the post part I've managed to keep the weight off and am currently still at Slimming World and eating very healthily (except over Christmas cough cough). However, I haven't visited the gym recently, it is definitely on my list. So yup achieved this one!
2) Learn to be happy no matter what happens. I found myself getting angry at the smallest things in 2012 and I'm determined that nothing will steal my peace this year. I'm going to weed out those things that make me feel discomforted.
I didn't achieve a happy medium at all times, SO this will have to be ongoing. I did manage to work out some kinks and found peace with certain things that wound me up before, however driving is still my major gripe and I'll have to keep working on this one.
3) Build up an even deeper, more meaningful relationship with my Lord Jesus Christ. God is always there to love and support each and every one of us, and it is time that I made loads more time for Him. I love you Jesus!
I've certainly worked on this but feel that it needs A LOT more work! Each day is definitely a step in the right direction.
4) Learn a new language or two....German first then French :-D
HA! Okay, I may have been a bit enthusiastic on this one...however I've certainly started learning German and am continuing in my lessons. It is going well, however french will have to wait. Hehehe.
5) Learn to ski....I really want to go in to Austria and ski down the slopes.
Crud, I didn't achieve this at all. It is still on my list for 2014 and I'll endeavour to achieve atleast learning how to ski, even if it is just at the Tamworth Snow Dome.
6) Laugh more, apparently this keeps you young so certainly it's the best remedy for beauty?
Yep, mission accomplished! With a husband like mine, you can't help but laugh half the time. He is funny and full of silly jokes. More of this though me thinks!
7) Drink more yummy cocktails. I'm not a big drinker, but I LOVE cocktails, especially mojito's! So I'd like to make more 'me' time to have a cocktail or two once in a while with friends.
Ahh, I certainly have gone for cocktails on numerous occassions over 2013 and enjoyed every moment. So yup, this is a thumbs up.
8) Make more true friends. It feels that often friends come and go....really I'd like to make friends and keep 'em. I'd also like to spend much more time with friends that I don't see often and make loads more time for them.
Hmm, I'd say half and half with this one. I've certainly made some long lasting friends especially at work, however feel that I'd still like to meet more good friends. I'd also like to keep in touch with old friends that live further away.
9) I'd like to further my career and really work on 'learning' new skills. That can only be a good thing right?
Aha, mission accomplished. I'm certainly learning new skills all the time at work and am currently working towards management. I'm also currently studing towards an MSc in Medicinal Chemistry which will certainly help towards a better career later in live. So this is great.
10) Love my husband more dearly with every passing day.
This is a thumbs up. I love the dude more than ever and can't imagine not having him in my life. He is my best friend and confidant. Also frustrating hehe but absolutely adorable.
![]() |
| Image courtesay of Gemma Correll (https://www.facebook.com/gemmacorrell?fref=ts) |
So moving on...
New Years Resolutions for 2014
1) Travel more and enjoy the delights of different cultures. I got a small taste of travelling whilst going to Mallorca and Florida this year and it has only inspired me to continue the travelling trend.
2) Continue learning...whether that be the German language or lessons in life. I love the feeling you get from learning new skills.
3) Be more confident in my own skin then ever before! Love myself, my body and the package of 'Angie'.
4) Continue working on my health and fitness...and keeping up with being healthy whatever that may entail.
5) Love every moment in life and life to the full.
6) Smile more! Smiles opens up many doors and makes others around you happier. I might add here that I'd like to tell more jokes (even if they aren't that funny!).
7) Rejuvenate my wardrobe. I've not bought many clothes over the past few years because I haven't felt very confident but things are going to change and I'm going to buy myself some new stuff to make me feel as great and I want to feel!
8) Get laser hair removal on my under arms. This sounds crazy, I KNOW! BUT I hate shaving and this would truly make my life easier. My husband didn't like the idea of this being one of my resolutions but I'm determined to keep it on my list. Kapeesh!
9) Buy more amazing beauty, skin and hair products to share with my blogging friends.
10) Blog more and take more photographs!
And with that, it is the end of my list. Apologies for the long post, but I just wanted to share. Please also share your stuff with me :-)
Lots of huggles from my house to yours


No comments:
Post a Comment