Soap & Glory Review:

Friday, 21 October 2011

So last night I decided to wash my hair with some lovely shampoo and thought I'd try a different conditioner.  A few christmasses ago, I received a small set of Soap & Glory products.  Overall, I really like this brand and it certainly looks amazing.

The packaging is beautiful pretty pink and has a vintage twist with the photo on the front.  Anything with vintage packaging normally excites me, because I feel that the brands really relates to femininity. 

Back to the product though...I used Soap & Glory's Hair Supply.


As previously stated the packaging is fabulous and the smell of the conditioner is amazing!  The smell of the conditioner is fairly unique, and there really is not a distinctive way of describing the smell to do it justice.

According to the packaging, the manufacturers say to use it as follows:  "After shampooing, squeeze excess water from your hair and apply a handful of Hair Supply massaging from roots to tips.  Leave on 60 seconds for a daily smooth, or 3-4 minutes for a more intensive weekly treatment."

I shampood my hair as normal, rinsed thoroughly and applied the conditioner to my damp hair.  Due to my hair being very long, I left the conditioner in for the recommended 3-4 minutes massaging it in properly.  I then thoroughly rinsed the conditioner out of my hair, towel dried my hair and blow dried my hair.  It took a very long time for my hair to dry, which would not be out of the ordinary due to the length, but it took even longer than normal.  Afterwards, my hair felt sticky and very much like it was still dirty.

This annoyed me intensely and I decided to rewash my hair and rinse the product out of my hair.  So in essence this conditioner really did nothing for me.  I'm not sure if I should have left it in for a shorter period of time, or if I perhaps missed a step somewhere, but I definitely wouldn't use it again.

This is only my opinion and my hair is temperamental at the best of times!  So I have to give this product:
✯✯✯ out of five

Have you had better luck with this product?  Has it worked well in conjunction with your hair?  Let me know! 



2 comments:

  1. I go through conditioner like water as my hair is quite dry due to many years of colouring, (with oily roots)so have tried a lot of conditioners from ones costing less than a pound to ones costing £40+.

    I was also disappointed with this product, as like you, despite rinsing well, when I had styled my hair, it looked like it needed washing again. It's a shame as Soap and Glory's body scrubs are excellent but their haircare products aren't so great.

    My favourite conditioner of all time has to be the John Frieda Frizz - Ease Miraculous Recovery Strengthening Crème Masque, it's intensely nourishing without weighing the hair down, highly recommend if you want a hair treat, but I use it as my regular conditioner when the weather is as changeable as it is at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I'm not the only person whose had trouble with this! I might try some of the John Frieda range. I haven't tried any of their shampoos for the longest time, it might be time to try some again. Thanks for the great suggestion :)

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS