'Tis the season for birthdays! I didn't realise how many birthdays would take place this side of the year until I had a look at my calender! What with both my parents having birthdays in the next few months, I'm going to really struggle to afford everything! *hehehe*
So it got me thinking about inexpensive ways of making a birthday extra special without spending hundreds of pounds! And this is what I came up with:
![]() |
| Chocolate cupcakes with chocolate buttercream for a lady's birthday |
![]() |
| Pretty pink rose box holding 6 cupcakes |
![]() |
| Various different sprinkles and toppings |
![]() |
| I love mini marshmallows! |
![]() |
| The blue gingham box that I'm using as a male present |
![]() |
| This box can be used for females too |
![]() |
| A different sort of yummy birthday present |
I'm not sure if you'd like to copy this recipe for the chocolate cupcakes and chocolate buttercream (for piping), just let me know if you do! I love baking and will do some lovely chocolate chip cookies today with a marshmallow twist over the top. Yum!
The cupcake boxes are available to buy over the internet, as well as ebay. I got my boxes from my local cake store, which also stocks the food colouring gels, edible sprinkles/glitters, and these boxes. The options are endless and you can really make them very special.
I'm waiting for a few of my guest bloggers to get back to me, they are having some difficulty with their internet connections. I'll also be back to discussing beauty instead of rambling about travelling and cakes! However, I've found it a welcome change.
Have a wonderful afternoon and enjoy life's little pleasures ;)








This is a great idea! Post the recipe please!
ReplyDeleteI can vouch for these cupcakes. They are really super...I think I had 4 of your dad's birthday cakes...oops, but they are too good to resist. Nicky S
ReplyDeleteHehe, thank you for the lovely comment Nicky :) Really appreciated. Hope you enjoyed the cupcakes loads ^_^
ReplyDelete