Dream Big

Wednesday, 5 October 2011

Good morning lovelies!

How many times have you watched a film and just felt inspired?  Yesterday was that time for me!  I was watching the film Monte Carlo, featuring Selena Gomez and her co-stars.  Even though this film isn’t exactly ground breaking, it got me thinking about inspirational travelling.

Monte Carlo the film

A beautiful scene of Monte Carlo in France

 
I’ve often thought that I’d love to leave everything behind for a period of time and just go off and travel abroad.  Some of my favourite destinations include Italy, France, Belgium and Australia.  However, it is so much easier to dream than to actually bring your dreams to reality.

Fact is, after feeling inspired by this particular movie, where the girls go off on holiday to Paris during their college break and due to other incidences also travel to Monte Carlo, it really reminded me of another inspiring movie:  Eat, Love, Pray. 

Eat, Love, Pray was really one of the most exciting films I’d seen in a long time.  It really opened my eyes to how jaded we become in our everyday lives.  We need to remember to eat well and just enjoy food again without worrying that we would get fat!  We need to block out the things that doesn’t really matter and take time out of our hectic lives to meditate and pray.  But above all, we need to love those that mean a lot to us, as well as every other person on this planet.

Eat Pray Love Movie

Eat and enjoy!
Meditate and pray.

Love unconditionally.
More than anything - LAUGH!

The thing is, if we do these things, it releases a happy and contented human, which in turn makes others around us happy!  And in a circular motion, we can pay forward the kindness.  I mean, how hard is it to let the person behind you in the Tesco queue go before you if they have less shopping?  Or to allow someone out at a junction when you are not racing past? Or to smile at that person in front of you?

Sometimes it takes something profound to just make us realise that we need to change.  I love the idea of going on holiday for a period of time, where I go to beautiful settings like Italy, India and other places like Egypt for example.  I definitely plan on doing so as soon as I can!  It is time to take a break from the norm and to start appreciating life again!  

Beautiful view of Hawaii

Amazing view in Hawaii

Paris, France

Night time views of the bright Paris and Eiffel Tower

Unbelievable views of Rio de Janeiro

Venice, Italy

Don’t ever lose sight of your dreams!  It is so important to set goals in life and to have those dreams that you hope to fulfil in the near future. 

Which films inspire you?  Where would you like to go?



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS