My Slimming World Journey so far.

Monday, 29 October 2012

Hello ladies! (and gents ;-))

I'm so excited for November and December!  I hope you've had a wonderful weekend by the way, I had a really relaxing weekend.  So why am I excited?  Well, things are in the process and so many great things have happened this past month and is in the pipeline.

Our current stage of bedroom rennovations is complete and we've put our bed back in there and had it carpetted.  I'll be doing a post on that this week. 

I've finally become a British Citizen, more on that this week too!  :-) I've waited for this moment for sooo long and am LOVING it! 

And then I've got a bonfire party this weekend coming!  SO exciting!

Other than that I've been really getting into the healthy eating lark and Slimming World is certainly at the top of my agenda most days.  So that brings me to what I'd like to talk about today!




The last time I updated you on my start with Slimming World, I let you know how much I weighed at the start.  To check that post, just click here.  Well, since then I've had my first couple of weigh-ins with varying degrees of success. 

At my first weigh-in I lost 3lbs or approximately 1.5kg.  This is not bad going and I was very pleased.  I'm not in need of loosing fast amounts of weight, but am certainly chuffed for every pound that melts off.  In my second weigh-in, I didn't manage to loose or gain anything and literally remained the same.  I was GUTTED!


However, my husband and myself have decided to really focus this week and worked out a food diary for two weeks.  So each day we've planned exactly what we'll eat and stick to this two week schedule for a month or two.  At first I was sceptical to see if this would work, but it has so far been excellent.

It means as soon as any one of us gets in the house, we start cooking the meal of the day, and it is easy peasy.  No messing around and getting flustered.  Weightloss is about being prepared.  And from sneaky little weigh-in's at home, I've noticed that my weight is coming down.

I'm so happy because I always worry about being left in the dust by hubby, because he's already stormed ahead and lost 7.5 lbs in two weeks and is probably about to reach his stone deadline in just 3 weeks!  He is so dedicated and has some really great motivators to get that weight-loss he so desperately wants. 

It really helps doing it as a couple, but even if you are going it alone, the Slimming World meals can easily be eaten by anyone from your children, to your spouse to your granny.  It won't cause any weightloss for them because they'll not be counting SYNS - which are things like butter, mayo, tomato sauce etc.

This week I'll share one of our delicious Slimming World recipes with you, and showing you how easy it is to cook from scratch at home :)




Have a fantastic week!

xoxo,
Angelique

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS