Bedroom Rennovations part two

Monday, 8 October 2012

Goood morning everyone!

I'm loving this slightly eerie feel that the weather has taken, being a little bit more  foggy and chilly outside!  It reminds me that my favourite times of the year are about with Halloween, Bonfire Night and Christmas and New Years!  I've been planning some great little treats and can't wait to share.

However, in the meantime I'm decorating my bedroom and this is sharing the next phase of the redecorating with you guys today. 

So let me talk you through to where we've got to....

We finished glossing our skirting boards and the final product looks magnificent!  They are gleaming and glossy and white.  We then decided to start doing the wallpapering.  I previously explained briefly that we'd be lining our wall doubley because they aren't very straight and we completed this process in our living room and hallway and got great results.

We lined with the 1000 grade paper (that we bought from Wickes) firstly in a horizontal manner.  So instead of running from ceiling to floor, we ran the paper from wall to wall (i.e. left to right).  This means that when we layer the 1400 grade thicker lining paper over the top, it doesn't leave any unsightly lines underneath.  The finish is smooth and  flawless. 

I can honestly say that this part of the process is my LEAST favourite and I absolutely cannot get along with stupid wallpapering.  My husband and I have been bickering all weekend trying to finish the paper, however it was only last night that we decided enough.  We haven't finished putting the final layer of paper up on the one side of the room and decided to get some professionals in.  We're getting a real good deal because of having a professional as a family friend.  So as soon as it is done on tuesday, I'll show you the final product.

Some pics....

The finished and double lined wall to the side

On this wall we've only done the first layer of lining and it is awaiting the second coat of lining

We've cut a small star-shaped hole for our socket wires and we'll enlarge this hole only slightly before placing the socket cover over it.

This is a socket with cover on already that also has this small star-shaped hole and this won't have to be enlarged as it allows enough space for the wires to sit freely and unencumbered.

Then on to the next part...the accent wall's paper: 

We decided on liking two different prints so we got two small pieces to compare and decide what we liked best.

This was the first paper...we decided that this would be too dark.

This is the second paper...we really liked this classic design. 

The two papers next to each other

This is the paper against our wall


Both the papers in our bedroom

This paper has a slight sheen in the white, we really like it and decided that this will be the one.

We've bought two rolls from our local Leekes store in Coventry, it was £23.99 per roll


We've been eyeing up these two colours of paint for our bedroom, we've decided they are both too dark and won't match the paper.  It is a no go, back to the drawingboard.

Close up of the sheen in our paper


These two colours looked great but it is too dark

The top colour is called Dusted Fondant and the bottom 'grey' colour is called Pressed Thistle ( both are Dulux paints)

Dusted Fondant

Pressed Thistle

Just a last picture of a bit of gorgeousness in Leekes, I love the crytal accessories and the guilded table. 

So basically I've decided whites, silver and greys will play a large part of my colour pallette, but I'll bring colour in with my accessories and stuff.

Let me know what you guys think of this... and if you have ideas for paint, I'd be delighted to hear it.

xoxo,
Angelique

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS