Holographic nail polish from 17

Wednesday, 24 October 2012

I'm the first to admit that I'm not the most skilled at nail art and I always get a little wary about trying daring new polishes so when I heard about the latest 'holographic' nail polish from 17, I was a little unsure to say the least...

Holo Nail is the latest holographic effect polish to hit the high street and considering the insane popularity of others that have gone before, I'm almost certain this will be a sure-fire hit. With metallics a top trend for autumn/winter, Holo Nail appropriately comes in a shimmery silver shade.

 Now silver wouldn't normally be my colour of choice (it's a bit too school disco for my liking!) but I tried to keep an open mind and I was curious to check out the holographic effect.

17 recommend applying 2-3 coats for best results and I have to say the polish glides on easily and gives good coverage. The downside is that the drying time is a little bit long compared to other brands so I'd recommend waiting a few minutes between coats.

The end result though is pretty cool: there's an ultra-glossy, high-shine finish and depending on where the light catches your nail, you'll get a pretty 'rainbow' effect. This is great, but I must say the effect looks best in natural light and the brighter the sun, the better. It's just a shame this launched during autumn when there's no sun to show it off but then again we didn't much more this summer either!

All in all Holo Nail is a brilliantly priced (£3.99) product that delivers good results so make sure you get yours now before they're all gone!

xoxo,
Angelique

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS