What’s inside the fash-packs handbags?

Thursday, 3 May 2012

There has been lots of buzz in the past few days about a new exhibition by German artist Hans-Peter Feldmann at the Serpentine gallery, Hyde Park, which reveals the contents of six women's handbags laid out in traditional museum vitrines. 


The result sees cases full of painkillers, mobile phones, business cards, crumpled receipts, sanitary products, make-up and various other items.

I thought it might be interesting to find post over the internet showing women in the fashion industry's handbags and the contents of said handbags.  To see exactly what 'essential' items they carry around with them every day.  Here is what I uncovered...



Holly Dudley, eCommerce content manager at L.K.Bennett

Handbag essentials:

L.K.Bennett pink Suki flats
'I'm a heels girl at heart, but sometimes when you're rushing between meetings having a pair of flats to throw on is a godsend!'

Chanel Chance Eau Fraiche sheer moist mist
'Perfect when I need a little pick-me-up, this is my signature scent.'

Filofax
'My friends laugh at me for still using pen and paper, especially as I work in a digital industry, but I can't get by without my diary.'


Donna Ida, CEO

Handbag essentials:

Lipgloss
'I have lipgloss and lip balm everywhere, in my car, on my desk, in my bag.  I have tens of them and always top up.'

Nail files
'I like really short red nails so keep my nails filed down constantly.'

Business cards
'You never know who you might bump into, always be prepared - I have business cards in every single handbag, including evening bags.'



Nikki Gatenby, managing director of Propellernet

Handbag essentials:

CD's
'I love music, and although I always have my iPod with me, I keep a couple of CDs in bag too - I like to have something fun to listen to when I'm in the car.'

Vaseline Rose lip balm
'This is one of my beauty essentials and I don't leave the house without it.'

Two phones!
'I really need both of these phones - my Blackberry is ued purely for work and my iPhone in the one I catch up with friends and family on.'


Dearne Sutherland, digital marketing executive at Westfield London and fashion blogger

'I love having a sneaky peak at what other women carry around in their bags.  I guess it's the whole curiosity factor, and whenever I see a woman carrying an extremely large bag I always think 'what on earth do you have in there?!'

Handbag essentials:

Mulberry pouch To keep my bag tidy (for painkillers, hayfever tablets, and pens).

Chanel sunglasses

MAC lip gloss.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And that concludes looking into other ladies in fashions' handbags!  I'm loving all the items they keep in there, and find that it is very similar to the contents of my own handbag!  It must mean I'm fairly normal then.

Hope you've enjoyed this rather different post.

Keep well,


7 comments:

  1. i love seeing inside peoples bags, great post xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, glad you liked it! I love being nosey and looking into handbags, it is so much fun!

      Delete
  2. I'm addicted to what's in my bag videos on YouTube, so loved this and now want a mulberry pouch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is gorgeous isn't it? I recently bought a lovely new Zara handbag that I love and a nice leather pouch would be so handy for it! :)

      Delete
  3. You got a really useful blog I have been here reading for about an hour. I am a newbie and your success is very much an inspiration for me.
    Fashion Handbags

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you very much for that lovely comment. I'm very happy that you feel inspired and hope that I can continue to bring you and all my readers the best articles that are usefull. :) Hope you have a cracking day!

      Delete
  4. You share great collection of Fashion handbag. your share latest design of handbags.

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS