Review: Veet Easy Wax Kit

Wednesday, 30 May 2012

Hello kitties,

I've got a great review for your today!  As previously mentioned, I'm all about getting my summer beauty preparation started (even torrential rain can't dampen my summer spirit) and I recently volunteered myself to road-test this nifty new waxing gadget from Veet. It's a bit like the self-heating wax systems you see in salons, but this kit has a roll-on device so there's minimal mess!



What you get:
- the Veet self heating device with a base and electrical cable
- roll-on wax refill for legs and arms
- 12 removing strips
- 4 post depilatory wipes

How you do it:
Its extremely easy to use and assemble: you just insert the wax cartridge in the device, plug it in and wait for 20 minutes. I’ve left it longer then that, maybe 30-35 minutes as I found the wax takes a bit longer to get to a fluid consistency.
Apply the wax on the leg in light layers and use the strips to pull the hair. I didn’t really believe the reviews that its was going to be painless, but oh my goodness it blew my socks off! No pain, just perhaps a mild discomfort but nothing compared to an epilator for example.

A few observations:
  • Like everybody else reviewing this product, I've got one complaint: the 12 removing strips are not enough for both legs, never mind for further applications. I've got regular-sized pins and still managed to use about 10 on just one leg (waxed only up to the knee).
  • I tried to cut them in half to make them go further but its more hassle as you can't get a long chunk of it.
  • I would advise to reheat the wax for about 10 minutes before you move to the next leg/arm.



Verdict:

I used Veet's new Easy Wax on my legs, which is a nice easy area (I probably wouldn't feel comfortable using it in more tricky places!). It's easy to use, it heats up really quickly and the wax glided on nicely. One quick pull of the wax strips and voila - I was totally hair free! I was also impressed with the amount of wax that came with the product - plenty for both legs.

The Veet Kit can be bought at most supermarkets and drug stores, and retails at £29.99.  Everything that you need is included in the kit.


Well, I'm sold on it! If I can get a salon-perfect waxing result at home, it'll definitely make me that little more organised to get set for summer.

If you've already got your summer routine on the go, let me know!



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS