I consider myself to be a romantic! So it is truly one of my favourite times of the year during Valentine's Day! The idea of showing someone special that you truly appreciate all their efforts and appreciate them more than anything excites me!
I know most people are very anti-Valentine's because they believe we should love our spouses/boyfriends/partners year-in-year-out, which I completely agree with, but why not celebrate LOVE in general for one day? So I bring you some fun ideas for the night and lets shun the commercialism.
We're all a bit skint after the long January month and February is also slightly longer than normal. I'm finding budget-friendly way to make V-day special!
Firstly, what to do:
How about sorting out a picnic for you and that special someone. Okay, you think I'm crazy because it is so cold across Europe at the moment! You can picnic inside! Grab a lovely blanket, scatter some rose petals/cheaper flower petals around the carpet, light a few candles and pop on some relaxing music. The music doesn't have to be corny just relaxing. Then put your picnic basket or goodies out. Some nice picnic food can include: sausage rolls, strawberries, wine/champers, and little bits of finger food! Don't forget the squirty cream either for those strawberries :)
Why not shun the norm - don't go for a meal out! Try cooking something special together, set your table with some candles and pretty flowers and et voila! EAT! Then afterwards go for a nice relaxing bath together or something along those lines. Buy some nice LUSH products (bathbombs or bubbles - your choice of course!) and just relax. Music also really sets the romantic mood - so choose carefully!
Or if you insist on going for a nice meal, how about extending the night and having a movie night too? Go to the cinema before or after you eat. Enjoy that movie that you would both enjoy!
The possibilities are endless! Create a spa at home and give each other a facial, massage and mani/pedi. OR just spend it together watching a nice DVD. OR play games together on your X-box 360 or PS3.
Just make sure that you savour every minute that you spend together and enjoy each others company. Tell each other that you love one another and make time in future to do it as well!
Stay tuned tomorrow for budget-friendly gift ideas for Valentine's Day. From cheap cards to easy gifts, I'll let you know how to do it!
Calm Down and Carry On.
Love
Angie xxx
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Really cute ideas X
ReplyDeleteThank you very much! Happy Valentine's Day :D
ReplyDelete