My story on the inside...

Tuesday, 1 November 2011

We all love to look beautiful on the outside...having the latest make-up, clothing, shoes and bags is always a great feeling.  But sometimes we forget about another aspect of beauty.  That is to say, inner beauty.



You can look absolutely fabulous on the outside, but if you are mean and horrible to people, it shows through the perfect outer exterior.  If you are kind, humble and faithful to your friends and people that you encounter on a day to day basis, it is much more appreciated and admired than being ultimately beautiful.




In previous years, if I chose a boyfriend, it would be on the sole reasoning of outer beauty.  Is he handsome, sexy, dresses well etc etc?  I've found that picking a partner in this way causes more grief and confusion than picking someone with the inner beauty key.  All the guys that I met that were beautiful, were also very arrogant, conceited, had no humour and really and honestly bored me to tears!  I have not had many boyfriends at all, however I've had one or two guys that I dated briefly that had these bad qualities and a lovely exterior.  I'm by no means tarring every 'good looking' guy with that same brush...it just seems there are a lot of 'ugly' good-looking people!

When I met my husband I can honestly say he was not the 'type' that I would have gone for normally.  He was very different but in a very good way!  The first thing that was different about him was that he was a friend, and he made me feel at ease.  There was no tension or problems when chatting with him because he was just relaxed and happy.  Secondly he really knew how to light someone's life up by joking and laughing himself.  To this day, he is the only person that can make me burst out laughing even when I'm wound up or angry.  And thirdly he was there for you when you needed him, no matter what!  And the bonus points:  he wasn't arrogant or conceited!

This proved to me that inner beauty won out!  Because of inner beauty, I've been with my husband for nine years prior to us getting married and a further two months after we were married.  (And no we won't be doing a 'Kim Kardashian' and getting divorced after 72 days of marriage)!

We often judge people when we first meet them by the way they look. It has always been said; you cannot judge a book by its cover. So look inside when you first meet people and look for that inner beauty, in the long run it is far more important than outward beauty.

It often takes inner beauty to realise outer beauty.  You cannot appreciate beautiful things without inner beauty.  This includes a beautiful sunset, an amazing smile and beautiful people.  If you have inner beauty it radiates out of you, from your smile to your eyes!  It is truly an amazing quality.

 
The good news is that it’s never too late or too soon to evolve your inner beauty. A good place to start is to create self-awareness by locating your passions and using them positively to create self-satisfaction. Then your inner beauty will grow and radiate to your outer self.



Take time to find your unique gifts and develop them. Get motivated to create self-satisfaction and a positive self-image. If you do this, you will make your life richer and more meaningful.  And remember, something that may be beautiful to you or me, might be hideous to someone else.  We are all unique and need to take that into consideration. 

For those with a sense of humour:

Just for a bit of a laugh :D


Have you got any great stories to share about inner beauty vs outer beauty?  Let me know!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS