Slimming World

Monday, 15 October 2012

Morning beauties,

I hope you've had a wonderful weekend filled with rest and relaxation.  Mine was spent working hard to finish all the painting and patching in our bedroom, because we're having our carpet fitted in this week, in which case I'll show you the look in due course.

I'm very excited because I've got great ideas for a DIY headboard, and a DIY vanity stool :) 

Sooo, you're probably wondering about the title of todays post?  My husband and I, decided that it is high time that we return to healthy eating and exercise.  We are both, shall we say "Big Boned" and on the pudgy side.  It is always a struggle to keep any excess weight off and try to keep as healthy as possible. 



We both love eating out and we are both as bad as each other at eating sweeties and chocolates.  Biscuits is his favourite, Skittles are mine.  And with that being said, in 2008 being at my heaviest, I decided to join Slimming World after hearing rave reviews from my friend and seeing the weight drop off her literally.

My husband also joined reluctantly but soon realised that it is the safest and easiest way of losing weight and keeping it off.  The principles were simple and as soon as you followed it, you'd see a loss at the scales week by week.



Then we had our wedding, and suddenly we were starting to eat slightly unhealthily again.  Even though some of the principles from Slimming World had stuck, we were eating out far too often and needed to cut back again.  Nearly a year passed by where we never once went to Slimming World.  I'd picked up a stone and boy did I want to loose it again.

So this past Wednesday, 10 October 2012, we both joined again.  I weighed in at 12 stone 6 and a half pounds.  This is fairly heavy but I do have a bigger build then other girls.  My interim goal is to reach 11 stone and after that perhaps 10 stone.  I'm not exactly sure how far I'll be taking my weight loss as my frame is larger and I'd need to compensate for that.  But be assured that I'd do it healthily and in good timing.

My Slimming World group have lots of helpful members that always support each other.  There is no pressure and no-one can see each others weights or anything like that.  It is so easy to feel inspired by other members stories and the group-feeling always inspires me to work harder at my weight loss week by week.  Not only do you weigh-in once a week, but you can also stay at group for Body Image, where you talk about where you went right or wrong in a week and you friendly consultant can make sure that you get the best weightloss each week.



Look at these results!

And again!


























You're probably wondering why I'm sharing this information with you?  Well it always fills me with dread to let anyone else know what I weigh, BUT if I can inspire or help anyone via my blog during my weightloss journey, then any shame would be worth it.  I'm also hoping that sharing this information with you week-by-week it will inspire me to commit harder to the weightloss, knowing that you are watching me!

I'm also willing to share recipes, the Slimming World plan itself and ideas on exercise if you are interested in listening. 

So with ALL that being said, please let me know if you'd like more info or ideas.  I'm very happy to share.

With slimming in mind,
Angelique :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS