I felt like something different on the blog today, and decided to share my recent prowess as 'sweet-maker' with you. I've been craving something with a bit of coconut in it for ages, and what better than these simply delicious coconut ice clusters?
These remind me so much of my childhood and I always enjoyed munching on them especially when it seemed like it was going to be a drab day.
Coconut Ice
500g (1lb 2oz) Powdered Sugar
2 cans Sweetened Condensed Milk
400g (14oz) desiccated coconut
pink food coloring
Line an 8 inch square pan with plastic wrap.
Sift the powdered sugar into a bowl, then add the sweetened condensed milk. (The mixture will be really thick and will get thicker as you add the coconut. I used a wooden spoon.)
Add the coconut gradually, and stir until all is combined. Next, divide the mixture in half, pressing one half into the pan. Add your pink food coloring to the remaining half. (I used a liquid neon pink food color, at least 4 drops) Now you're going to place the pink mixture over the white mixture by taking "globs" of it and sort of flattening it a bit in your hands before placing it on top of the white mixture. (I took a tiny bit of butter and greased my hands a bit so that it wouldn't stick so much). After you get all the pink mixture added, press it all down a bit with your (lightly greased) hands to even it out. Now the hard part - Let it set for a few hours, and preferably overnight. Then cut into squares. It's that easy!You can be super creative and add coloured sprinkles afterwards and even edible glitter. Let your imagination take shape!
I'm off to munch on these beauties, enjoy your weekend!
xoxo
Angelique

Yummy! I have this sudden urge to sprint to the kitchen (and thus getting in some exercise) and making some of these yummy delights... Nice one, Angie, there goes my diet... :)
ReplyDeleteHehe, sorry Yolandie. I also ruined my diet, but couldn't resist the urge to create these beauties. They taste so nice too :) Atleast you did some exercise :) hehe
ReplyDelete