Extinguished lights.

Tuesday, 26 July 2011

It was with much skepticism that I read on my facebook account that Amy Winehouse passed away on 23 July 2011.  I immediately checked both MSN News and Google to make sure it was true, however I found nothing to this effect.  I scoffed and thought it was just another rubbish report about some celebrity being talked of as dead when in actual fact they were alive and kicking.

Not even ten minutes later, more people posted the inevitable messages of "Amy Winehouse may you RIP".  I knew then that it must be true.  I felt very sad and shocked even if she was never my favourite celebrity artist, I still knew talent when I heard it!


I'd always hoped secretly that she would get better from her addiction even if the paparazzi hounded her constantly.  The stress of the situation must have been agony for her, and the sadest part was that she was on the road to recovery.  To then be snatched away in a whirlwind moment, was truly attrocious.

Fame came with a price for poor Amy, and what the media did to her was inexcusable.

If you have a spare moment, think about her family and pray for them in this most difficult time.  Russell Brand wrote a wonderful piece for Amy and it is very poignant and well written.  http://www.russellbrand.tv/2011/07/for-amy/



It is with a fond farewell that I say:  "May you rest in peace now Amy, sweet dreams in heaven."

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS