So girls, I’ve got some fun news! I’m doing my first proper review of cosmetics :)
If you remember back, I went for a makeover and photo shoot in Birmingham, and during this time I got a free goodie bag filled with cosmetics.
At first I thought it was going to be great, but then I saw the products and the first thought I had was it was cheap and nasty. I felt guilty thinking that, so I tried to keep an open mind.
Here is a picture of the contents I received, all cosmetics is by BYS and LP:
I’ll work through the contents shortly. I’d never heard of this brand before, but have since spotted it in a few of the shops.
Firstly, I received a black mascara, black kohl eyeliner and black liquid liner. I haven’t really had the chance to wear any of these products, but the liners seemed average and the mascara was questionable. I’ve done swatches of each product just to show you how the colours look.
As shown in this picture the kohl eyeliner is average really but I’ll have to admit it is nice and soft, and also fairly malleable. The liquid eyeliner is very liquidy (don’t know if there is a word like that) but the colour is lovely and inky. I was actually very surprised, considering these products are cheap budget friendly. I’d definitely use the liners. However, that is where my positivity ends; the mascara was dry and really not pigmented enough for my liking. I’ll remain firm friends with my usual mascara’s ;)
My favourite products that I received free are as follows:
This palette is very versatile and has a nice array of neutral colours. Moving from left to right, the first colour is a lovely beige with a slight shimmer of gold and next is a soft caramel colour, next to that is a tan colour and a brown colour with a slightly pink undertone and lastly a dark black/brown with a lovely shimmer. I’m actually fairly excited at using this palette, as it is small and purse friendly and the colours are actually very pigmented considering the products aren’t very expensive. :D
This is a lovely bronzing powder, and again this product excites me a lot! The powder is a beautiful gold colour and would look lovely used as a highlighter on the cheeks, nose and forehead. I’m quite tempted to use this powder as an eye shadow too. I’ll let you guys know how I get along with it!
Lastly the two nail polishes:
I received one nail polish in N192 pastel mauve (purple colour with blue undertone) and N131 precious (coral colour with red undertone). I have to admit I was actually looking forward to using these products the most! However, I was also let down by these products quite a lot! I swatched these onto my nail and the colours are actually really nice, but the worst thing about it is the strong smell of varnish. It actually puts me off from painting my nails with these polishes! Uber stinky, you know! Other than that I can’t really find fault with them, the polish paints on really nicely, the brush is an average size and the colour lasts as long as any of my more expensively branded polishes.
Now I have to admit, I’m holding out on two more products that I received for the lips. But I’ll tell you more about them shortly! I hope you girls enjoyed having a look at these products and enjoyed the review.
If you can think of ways that I can do a better review, please do let me know. And also if you think of other items that I can review, holler!
Have a wicked weekend chickas ;)














Hi Angelique,
ReplyDeleteThank you for your interest in joining iFabbo. In order to process your application we need you to send us your email address to info@ifabbo.com.
Thanks!
The iFabbo Team