Week in Pictures

Saturday, 22 August 2015

Hello beauties,

I have had some amazing weekends over the past few months. I've been quiet on the blogging front and for that I'm sorry, but I'm also at the tail end of writing a thesis for my Masters Degree and had loads of people over for visits. So time was fairly precious.

However, I missed you all and felt like sharing a few snaps from my recent adventures.

My darling husband's niece came and visited us for the week. We had so much fun shopping at Lakeside and then on one day decided to visit the zoo. These are just a few pictures that I took on the day of the awesome animals.

The easiest way to make me super happy is the opportunity to hang out with the animals. They rock! 



One of the highlights of the day was the petting zoo. The goats were so silly because they are used to people feeding them. It just made me laugh so much when the silly billies came up to you expecting food and a fuss.


I did end up taking a selfie with the penguins, which made so many people laugh. But sometimes you've just got to do these crazy things. They were willing to pose with me, which was pretty awesome.


This was my nod to fashion on the day. Jeans, my black crop top and my black box handbag. Not exactly the most fashion forward ensemble, however it was comfortable for the long day of walking everywhere. I love my T-bar sandals that have beads sewn onto the T-bar. They are super comfy.


On the way out of the zoo it was a fundamental part of the visit to grab a souvenir...and it consisted of this little cube that contained flamingoes. I'm absolutely fascinated by these wonderful birds and think they are so cool! This was the cutest nod to them and contained a shock of pink.









 Finally towards the tail end of the weekend, we went to a parade and town festival. There were the obligatory drinks, barbeques and outdoor activities on offer. It was so much fun, but some of the parade characters were funny (and a few were a bit lame).  They were meant to resemble super heroes - however some were just normally dressed and so on.  Haha, however it was an experience.

We had to fit a selfie in just before the parade started of mister, me and his niece, and ended the day off on a real high. We had a drink so the girls had a Kopparberg and the mister had a San Miguel beer. We went home and played Lego Jurassic Park on X-box, before turning in for the evening.

I hope you enjoyed a look at my weekend activities, and I'd love to see what you've been up to.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS