What's in my handbag?

Wednesday, 26 August 2015

Hello loves,

I thought it may be fun to write a post about 'What is in my handbag?'.  I really enjoy being nosey and finding out what other ladies may be hiding in their bags.

Often girls can be so resourceful on what they manage to fit into their bags, but my resourcefulness may not reach these levels. I'll leave it for you to judge.

So without further ado....

My handbag is just a small black faux-suede mini satchel bag from River Island. If you wanted to get your mitts on this little bag, just click here. These are also available in other colours, but I'm particularly liking the oxblood one and the leopard print hybrid. There is plenty of room for everything you need to carry, and the magnetic latches are very sturdy. The price is also not too bad!


And this is literally all the goodies that I tend to carry in my little bag. I've really been into carrying smaller bags, compared to my usual larger totes. I just think that my poor shoulders needed a good break! The time to downsize had come along and now I'm just embracing it.


  
I have my wallet in my bag from River Island also. I know that there is a bit of a trend here for River Island, however I just found it a really convenient size. It has a white flap and gold/grey clasp with the main body being a lime green. It is a really nice colour combination and was perfect to celebrate the start of summer. I've always used the River Island large purses, and they have enough space for cash, cards and coins. They are literally all I have been using. However, please watch this space on the blog for some 'lust-have' accessories, which should be coming up soon! 

Another essential is my gold iPhone (not pictured here) and my iPhone headphones. The headphones aren't very comfortable but I just suck it up as they fit so nicely in the little case. I also carry a small diary and a pen to keep up-to-date with appointments. I know I could use my phone in this wonderful digital age, but I'm a bit old school and still like to keep a diary on hand.

My sister-in-law also kindly bought me a Gucci hand-mirror which is beautiful. It is quite heavy but such a nice piece to carry with you and whip out to fix make-up. I also keep Kleenex blotting sheets with me, in case my T-zone gets oily. Previously I've also used the DHC ones (which I really like). 

I keep minimal make-up on me during the day, however lippy is a MUST. My latest lip muse is MAC's Snob, which is just the prettiest pink that is a hint off your own lip colour. It is not too garish or too bold and hits the right notes for a pretty look.


The other pieces that I have to carry with me is without a doubt my Soap and Glory Hand Maid anti-bacterial gel. This is scented quite heavily so if that is not your thing, steer clear! The scent is definitely not unpleasant and it really keeps those nasties at bay. I also carry Soap and Glory's Endless Glove hand cream, which is super nourishing on my mitts. I've had dry hands on quite a few occassions lately, and this whips my skin back into shape.

I have to always have a lipbalm on hand and my current favourite is the Burt's Bees Mango lipbalm. The butters in this baby is awesome and keeps my lips amazingly soft and kissable. I also keep a lipgloss on hand just in case I need some sheen on my lips and at the moment that is in the form of Urban Decay's Naked gloss in Sesso. This is a rose colour with pink shimmer in. It looks great if you want to give your look a boost or polish. And the final items I always keep on hand is the Yes to... cucumber wipes in travel size and some polo mints. They are fairly self explanatory. Wipes if something spills or my face needs a wipe and polo mints for minty fresh breathe. Not the biggest fan of gum anymore, so mints are great.

What do you keep in your bag?


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS