My Little Box: Road Trip Box

Saturday, 29 August 2015

Hello loves,

My little present arrived again and I thought I'd share it with you again. Some people don't have the money to subscribe to a beauty box every month, but it is still nice to see what is inside. I haven't been too keen on the amount of time this box has taken to deliver, so I may be cancelling it. It seems a shame to cancel it, however I may have to start saving my money for a bigger project that may involve travelling...

This month the theme of My Little Box was based on Road Trips that you take and I really liked the majority of items in this box. Obviously some items will be saved until I next travel, but it is so nice to have these little items in case!








Each month you get a sweet little postcard-style print with a unique picture to sum up the box. This is drawn by Kanako. I am in love with these prints and I've started using them in a picture frame that I keep next to my bed. It looks super cute, inspires me and keeps me positive. There is also a small magazine with lots of beauty inspired chat, Parisienne quips and new bloggers to keep your beady little eye on.

The first official item that formed part of the box was this sweet little travel organiser. It is made from plastic, but doesn't feel flimsy. There are seperate compartments for travel tickets, passport, credit/debit card and pen - however there is also a nifty compartment across the entire travel wallet where it can multi-task as a waterproof storage wallet for tech products or documents. It has a sliding opener (<-- super technical term there!), also known as a zip lock. Haha, got there in the end.




Digging a bit deeper into the box, I found the cutest little notebook. It is a two-in-one stationary item, where you can use it as a little notebook to write to someone about your travels and then send it to them. It folds into an envelope. My Little Box has also thoughtfully included a very nice pen. When I travel it is so nice to take time to do as little as possible, this action would be what Italians call 'Il bel far niente (dolce far niente)' meaning 'the sweetness of doing nothing'. Writing feels like that for me.



The box also includes a travel-sized bottle of Garnier Micellar Water, which is an awesome way to clean any make-up and pollutants off your skin at the end of the day. I've got my larger bottle at home, and will definitely take this smaller size on holiday. There is also a My Little Beauty aftersun body gelee. Again it is a convenient size, and smells so nice - a bit sweet but not sickly. Great for applying after a bit too much sun.

There is an Essie nail polish called 'Haute in the heat', which is the prettiest red/pink I have ever clapped my eyes on. I painted my toes with this nail polish the day I got it. It is a real cosmopolitan-looking colour that will make a holiday in the city, on the beach or anywhere really oh-so-sensational! And the final item that seals the box-deal (literally) is the gold temporary body tattoos that you can apply for that extra touch of glamour.

Overall, I couldn't fault this box. It is ridiculously practical for any type of holiday, and as I mentioned previously, I'm saving mine for the right moment to use all the lovely gifts.

September is the time that I'll be heading off on a roadtrip to France, so that will ofcourse be the perfect time for using these cute items.

Where would you use these items?


Il bel far niente (dolce far niente)

Three Words I Learned From Eat, Pray, Love

When I first read Eat, Pray, Love last year I admit I had very little sympathy for Elizabeth Gilbert. I couldn’t relate to her journey – at least not all of it. I was painfully familiar with her story of depression, emotional eating and spiritual quest, but I didn’t have all the relationship baggage she was carrying. So, my first reaction to her decision to travel the world in search of herself was judgmental – she was running away! Perhaps there was a bit of envy as well. I couldn’t imagine having the luxury of leaving my friends, family and responsibilities behind to find happiness in a strange land.
I had my own troubles at the time I read the book. I would have liked to flee from my life for a while. But if I were to find happiness, I’d have to do it somewhere between the football field and dance class. I’d have to conquer my own demons eating Teddy Grahams straight from the box, not pizza from Naples. And I’d have to find the God that dwells within me as I meditated over my laundry basket. Finally, in a house of five people and no medicine man, I would have to learn to love myself without losing myself. And, I didn’t have a book advance to make it all a bit easier. Bitter? Yes, a bit.
But as I traveled with Liz to Italy, India and Indonesia, I began to appreciate her courage. She devoted an awareness to her happiness that many of us never allow ourselves to explore. Through her journey, I learned many lessons that I am grateful she shared with the world.
My Three Favorite Words:
Liz learned many new words on her odyssey – and her appreciation for language and meaning was inspirational. Here are my new favorite words (and the remarkable concepts they convey), thanks to the extraordinary family Elizabeth Gilbert discovered in Italy, India and Indonesia:
Il bel far niente (dolce far niente)
- See more at: http://www.theresaceniccola.com/motherhood/eat-pray-love/#sthash.2GrJadIs.dpuf

Three Words I Learned From Eat, Pray, Love

When I first read Eat, Pray, Love last year I admit I had very little sympathy for Elizabeth Gilbert. I couldn’t relate to her journey – at least not all of it. I was painfully familiar with her story of depression, emotional eating and spiritual quest, but I didn’t have all the relationship baggage she was carrying. So, my first reaction to her decision to travel the world in search of herself was judgmental – she was running away! Perhaps there was a bit of envy as well. I couldn’t imagine having the luxury of leaving my friends, family and responsibilities behind to find happiness in a strange land.
I had my own troubles at the time I read the book. I would have liked to flee from my life for a while. But if I were to find happiness, I’d have to do it somewhere between the football field and dance class. I’d have to conquer my own demons eating Teddy Grahams straight from the box, not pizza from Naples. And I’d have to find the God that dwells within me as I meditated over my laundry basket. Finally, in a house of five people and no medicine man, I would have to learn to love myself without losing myself. And, I didn’t have a book advance to make it all a bit easier. Bitter? Yes, a bit.
But as I traveled with Liz to Italy, India and Indonesia, I began to appreciate her courage. She devoted an awareness to her happiness that many of us never allow ourselves to explore. Through her journey, I learned many lessons that I am grateful she shared with the world.
My Three Favorite Words:
Liz learned many new words on her odyssey – and her appreciation for language and meaning was inspirational. Here are my new favorite words (and the remarkable concepts they convey), thanks to the extraordinary family Elizabeth Gilbert discovered in Italy, India and Indonesia:
Il bel far niente (dolce far niente)
- See more at: http://www.theresaceniccola.com/motherhood/eat-pray-love/#sthash.2GrJadIs.dpuf

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS