Christmas Nails

Tuesday, 13 December 2011

There are only 12 days until christmas and I'm absolutely over excited about it!  Right now is a prime time for christmas parties and going out, and that means that you might be stuck for ideas on how to have your nails.

I really like a festive look over christmas, and think I have just the idea for you!  I've actually got a beautiful red glittery nail tutorial that might be right up your street!

1)  Firstly I started off with a good fast-drying bottom coat.  This could be anything like Rimmel, Sally Hansen or whatever you might have in your arsenal.

2)  Then I really wanted to make the glitter pop, so I actually put a very light coat of Essie's Lollipop on my nails.  One coat is enough and it doesn't necessarily have to be opaque.  And let the coat dry thoroughly before moving on to the next step.

Essie's Lollipop
One light coat of Essie's Lollipop (Number 703) on the nails
3)  Once that layer has dried you can add some beautiful glitter to the mix, I used Barry M's 150 'Red Glitter' or as I like to call it 'Ruby Red Slippers'.  Again one coat should be enough and it really doesn't matter if the coat is a little thicker then normal, because the glitter coats dry fairly fast. 

Barry M's 'Red Glitter' (number 150)

4)  Add a good top coat to seal in the polish and to give the nail some beautiful shine.  Clean any bits off the cuticles and side of the nails with a cotton bud and nail polish remover.  And et voila, you have a stunning nail-look for christmas!

My top coat is Rimmel's Super Wear upto 10 Day Topcoat


The finished product, just remember to clean up the sides (not like me!)

You could even do the same on your toes!  (Sorry for the dodgy toe pic!)
I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial and I hope to see you again soon!

Love and hugs

2 comments:

  1. I need that Barry M Nail Paint shade in my life! Fab nail look, especially on the toes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I love that glittery redness...it is such a darling colour! I might have it in my give away :D

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS