Hello loves,
I'm sorry for an absence lately on the blog. I have an excellent excuse...I have finally finished my Master's Degree. It feels amazing to say that, because it has been challenging and very time consuming as I still worked full time throughout the process.
Additionally, quite soon there will be some changes on the blog. I haven't really been very happy with my blog lately, especially as my blog was hacked and I had to end up changing the name. So hopefully I will transfer this blog to a different platform and start from scratch. There will be a redirection service, but up until that point please do return back to this website and read read read.
I've also recently returned back from my holiday in Paris! I went to Disneyland Paris as well, which was both fun and frustrating. However, I've got a post coming up about that in particular within this week.
So as the title of this blog post implies...I'm talking oil. Oil is the bane of my skin existence and something that plagued my teens and twenties throughout. So many girls have combination skin with dryer patches along with areas (particularly the T-zone) that becomes oily throughout the day.
This is completely normal, however does hold an element of frustration when you want your makeup to look matt and pretty. The beauty industry has come up with multiple products to combat this particular skin problem in the form of blotting sheets (which I find a bit cumbersome) and various other bits and bobs.
The reason oil is so readily available on the facial skin is due to the sebaceous gland producing oil throughout the day as a hydrating agent for the epidermis (or top layer of the skin). Some people create more oil than others and this can be due to various reasons but hormones tend to be the top reason. The hormones signal constantly for oil to be created, increasing the chances of the pores getting clogged with a mixture of oil and bacteria, which eventually creates spots and blackheads.
Some of the most beautiful women in the world have suffered from oily skin at one time or another, including the gorgeous Angelina Jolie and Renee Zellweger. However, something new has recently hit the market that looks pretty exciting....
Cult LA beauty brand BeautyBlender has recently introduced their newest product called the Blotterazzi, which is basically a tool to control the amount of oil on your face.
It is a sponge that you can carry in your handbag, with the iconic pink colour of the BeautyBlender, which can be used for blotting your skin throughout the day. The sponge is reusable, washable and more absorbent than blotting papers.
The shape of the Blotterazzi ensure for precise blotting, even in smaller areas of the face (like the nose). There are two sponges inside the cute compact with a handy mirror to see where to blot. It is ventilated as well to ensure that the sponges do not smell. The greatest part is your makeup won't smear anywhere as the sponge is thirsty for oil and not foundation or concealer.
The Blotterazzi is now available to buy at Selfridges and a direct link can be found here. It retails for around £16 which is not the cheapest, but if you think about how much money you save on blotting papers, well the price is marginal!
I'm adding this to my must-have list of beauty products.
What do you think? Yay or nay?
The oil solution
Monday, 21 September 2015
share: facebook | twitter | pinterest
Labels:
BeautyBlender,
Blotterazzi,
Oil,
Oily Skin,
Skin,
Skin Solution.,
Solution
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment