My Current Skincare Routine (Part 1)

Friday, 4 September 2015

Hello loves,

As I'm off on holiday quite soon, I've been assessing the skincare products that I may need. I don't like to overpack, because generally I don't use everything and I do not want to have to lug heavy bags around. Luckily I'm not flying this time round, which I'm happy for. Rather, we'll be driving and using the Euro Tunnel to go to France.

However, this post is to look at my current skincare routine, which I'll have to break up into a few posts. I do use quite a few different products, however this is some of my basic day and night moisturisers. I'll discuss my cleansing routine in part 2 next week.

Benefit's Triple Performing Emulsion, The Body Shop Vitamin E Facial Mist, The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Lotion and The Body Shop Drops of Youth Serum.


On a recent shopping trip I purchased Benefit Triple Performing Facial Emulsion on recommendation from one of the girls that worked on the counter. I was looking for a skin brightener that doubled as a good moisturiser as well. I was skeptical, I shan't lie. In the mornings I'll cleanse and tone my face to get a cleared canvas to work on and straight away I'd apply this Facial Emulsion all over my face and neck. It has a very faint fragrance, but it is not overpowering. The emulsion melts into the skin beautifully and is really moisturising. My skin had been suffering from dry patches and this emulsion with daily use just totally eradicated that problem. This had been on going for a year, and no other skincare products would sort this issue out. So I'm completely thankful for this beaut. I just can't wait to try some of the other skincare products from this range. You've done remarkably well here Benefit. I'm looking at the daily moisturiser and eye cream to buy next.


Next on my list of daily-use products is The Body Shop's Vitamin E Face Mist. I use it as a secondary toner in some ways but it really is a multi-use product. You can apply the spray to your freshly cleansed skin before you go to bed or in the mornings before you apply your moisturiser. It can be used as a make-up setting spray, which works well. Or you could just use it to freshen up your bare skin on holiday.  Again, I was a skeptic - however with prolonged use, it made a huge difference in the moisture levels of my skin. I also think that my skin enjoys the added Vitamin E levels that are offered with this mist. If you are wondering whether to add this to your skincare routine, I'd say yes go for it. You can also make your own by adding rose water to a spray bottle. The rose water has very similar properties and feels really nice and fresh on your skin. Rose water can often be found in the baking section of your local supermarket.


In the evenings I like to alternate between products. Sometimes if my skin is quite clear, I'll just use Benefit's Facial Emulsion to moisturise. At other times when I'm looking for a healing and deeper moisturising product, I opt for The Body Shop's  Drops of Youth Serum. This serum is very light on the skin, however the moisturising properties of this is amazing. It leaves the skin smooth and beautifully soft the next morning. This serum contains plant cells (which incidentally is also used in La Mer's highly sought-after - yet pricey - skin care products). These plant cells help to rebuild your skin's own damaged cells and restore the youthfulness of skin. Just a small amount of serum goes a very long way, and I've had my bottle for at least a few months. This means that even though it is a bit more expensive, it is well worth it. By just using this for a month, I noticed again that my skin was plumper and more hydrated.



My final product of choice here is The Body Shop's Tea Tree Skin Clearing Lotion. This is the step that I may or may not have to use during my usual skincare shenanigans. Obviously if I have a spot, I'd dab the lotion onto the area and it usually kills off any remaining bacteria to ensure the area dries out and heals as quickly as possible. This is personally a hero product for me, as it is just on the right side of gentle yet powerful. Some tea tree inspired products can be extremely strong and my skin often reacts to these types of lotions/serums etc. Luckily this beauty is just great for keeping skin clear but without reacting. Again, this is a step that I highly recommend for any type of skin. If you may suffer of the odd spots, this should quickly set you back onto the straight and narrow for skin.

I hope you enjoyed the first part of the look into my skincare routine. I should be adding a few more products to the repertoire quite soon.

My advice on skincare is do not be afraid to try different products and to step outside of your comfort zone. You may be one product away from that 'PERFECT' moisturiser.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS