Bronze and blush - the brush equation

Sunday, 27 March 2016

Makeup brushes are one of the beauty accessories that often divide women. Some love using them and absolutely swear by the process, and others prefer using their hands. I can't even recount the amount of times that I've had discussions with ladies over using or not using makeup brushes.

Before I educated myself on beauty through various mediums i.e. like YouTube, beauty books and more, I also used to use my fingers with varying results. The first brushes I bought around 5 years ago were extremely cheap and sadly not very good quality. Once I started using better quality brushes it made all the difference in my makeup application, and not only did it apply much smoother, but I actually achieved better coverage with both my foundation and concealer.

Recently I was extremely lucky to have the opportunity to review a brand that I hadn't heard about before, So Eco, and also one brush from Japonesque. The very kind folks at http://makeupbrushes.co.uk asked me to choose two brushes, so I chose the So Eco Bronzer Brush as well as the Japonesque Mineral Blush brush.



So Eco - Bronzer Brush £12
So Eco is a beautifully affordable range of makeup brushes that is really easy to build up a decent collection of brushes with. I really could not wait to try the Bronzer brush in particular because my brush collection was lacking one of these. The best part of So Eco is the fact that their brushes are completely cruelty free, super soft, and the materials used in the brush and packaging is recycled, sustainable, compostable and  bio-degradable.

These points are all extremely important to me, as our impact on earth needs to be as minimal as possible. The handle is made of bamboo, which is extremely sustainable and the ferule at the top of the brush is made of aluminium that was recycled. The brush is suitable for both liquid and powder products.

I've used the brush a few times already to apply bronzer and my current bronzing favourite glides on effortlessly and the brush does not dig into my skin. The entire brush is incredibly soft, gorgeous and a great addition to any makeup collection. It is balanced well and sits comfortably in your hand during application. The price is no reflection on the quality of the brush and I wouldn't hesitate to add to my collection a few more brushes from this brand.


Japonesque - Mineral Blush Brush £20
Japonesque has also been one of the brands high on my 'to try' list, but I've never found it easy to get to a counter. I'm always weary to just buy brushes unless I see them first. But overall I am very pleased with the Japonesque brand.  A while ago I fell in love with angled blush brushes when applying a blusher, but sadly my current brush from E.L.F. is on its last limbs. So this truly came at the right time.

The brush is shorter than I imagined, but sits well in the hand whilst applying your makeup and again is well balanced. It is extremely light and the bristles are soft - albeit not quite as soft as the So Eco brushes. You can easily identify that the brush is well made from high quality materials.

This brush is really only suitable for loose or pressed mineral powders and can be used to highlight, contour and blend. I'm slightly dissapointed that this brand doesn't seem to promote the fact that their brushes are cruelty free, but that may be due to some of the bristles being natural hair which is only a by-product.

Overall, I've enjoyed using the brush and find that powders sweep onto the face well. I'm reserving judgement on this brush until I've used it with all of my blushes, because I really want to make sure that I'm not misleading anyone. But so far, so good!



Both of these brushes can easily be bought through the http://makeupbrushes.co.uk site. They offer free first class delivery on all orders and only sell original products. They regularly add new products to their stocks and have various beauty tools, brushes and lashes. I'm already eyeing up the So Eco Complexion Sponge and the Japonesque blending trio.

You can also keep up with any new products by staying in touch with http://makeupbrushes.co.uk on social media:
https://www.facebook.com/makeupbrushes.co.uk/
https://www.instagram.com/mub_uk/
https://twitter.com/mub_uk

Which brush is your favourite?



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS