My top picks in the shops

Thursday, 23 June 2011

Hi girls

I've taken my time in blogging this time, because I've been learning how to photoshop my pictures together to stop from posting loads and loads of images.  I've been working pretty hard on this and am very pleased with some of the results.

So this week, I'm still looking for a job but there is hope on the horizon.  Not only that but I've been getting myself ready to learn French with the Rosetta Stone program!  And....I've also been in Birmingham a lot checking out all the lovely things they have to offer there.

Now onto my top picks on the high street at the moment.  I'm currently in love with an oversized shirt dress from Next in a cobalt blue.  I think it is something that would be very comfy to fly in and very versatile for day wear.  It is also not overly expensive at approximately £28.


As you can see the sandals are also pretty cute and have a sort of bluish zebra design.  I love it!  Perfect on the beach too.

Next is my top picks from Zara.  Now really my main aim here is bags and shoes.  I just love the collection of shoes and bags that Zara has come up with but also on how inexpensive their lovely clothes actually are.  The quality is also absolutely mind boggling.  These above two bags are both pure leather and have a very luxurious feel.  The left camel coloured bag comes in other colours and retails at £89 and is brilliant for shopping or travelling.  Meanwhile the right hand bag is tan coloured with studs covering the surface.  This bag is much more pricey at £120 but looks and feels and even smells the business!  The shoes are suede and shown in a plum colour, and again comes in various shades.  They are so gorgeous!

Moving on to the makeup portion, I feel that the big colours for me this season includes rich purples, golds and nude shades actually sort of like in Aztec times.  These colours are very flattering to most skin tones and is so fabulous that I personally have invested in these shades.

Starting off with the eyes really, the best shades for golds and purple come from places like Avon, No 7, Mac, Nars and Urban Decay.  All these places do the stick version (where you swipe the eye colour on and it sits on the lid like a cream) or even pallettes/powder forms.  Avon does a wonderful multi-stilo, which has a wonderfully subtle gold that can be layered to look darker.  The stilo can be used on eyelids, cheeks, and even lips!

Also check out the limited edition Summer Collection from No.7 as they have really nice colours available.



My ultimate favourite eyelid stack comes compliments of Mac with their limited edition Surf, BABY! collection.  It is called the Summer Stash Metallic Pigment set and the colours are just fab! And as you can see there are definite nudes, purples and richer metallic wine colours in there. 

Ofcourse another wonderful pallette full of nude coloured pigments come courtesay of Urban Decay and their fabulous Naked Pallette.  It is very limited in stock numbers, so if you still haven't got one make sure that you jump on the bandwagon.

My next "totally jel" item is the Nars Multistick.  This is a wonderful travel companion because it can do so many things!  Not only can you use it as a highlighter, on the cheeks, on the lips but also as an eyelid colour.  The shades are beautiful too and very subtle.  I think my favourite colour might just be Luxor and Orgasm ^_^ but I love South Beach too!! Might just have to get them all. :P
 Now that is is from me for today lovelies! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and watch out for my next post tomorrow.  Things will be going back to normal again on the posting front quite soon!  :)

On closing, what are your favourite high street top picks?  What do you think of the beauty colours that I mentioned?  And what are your favourite colours in makeup for this season?



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS