Are you about to Coco-bongo outta here?

Friday, 27 May 2011

Hello little chickens ....

Are you travelling anywhere soon?  As you all know by now I'll be travelling to South Africa in August this year from the UK and it is a fairly long flight.  Now for all you gals that just love your beauty even when flying, this is the blog entry for you!  I'll be discussing my must have items on a flight as well as giving you hints and tips on things I religiously undertake before flying!

The first item that I always purhase is the Nivea travel set.  It is an absolute life-saver and cheap as chips!
Contents:
  • NIVEA Bathcare Cashmere Moments Shower Cream 50ml - with a delicate orchid scent and Cashmere Extract, the soft creamy formula cleanses and caresses, leaving skin as soft and smooth as cashmere. The perfect 'pick me up' after a long journey.
  • NIVEA VISAGE Gentle Cleansing Wipes 20s - there can't be a simpler way to remove daily grime and make-up, plus clean skin is essential to maintaining youthful, vibrant skin, which also helps to absorb moisturisers more easily.
  • NIVEA Deodorant Pearl & Beauty 35ml - contains precious pearl extract to leave your underarms luxuriously soft and smooth. And with NIVEA 24 hour anti-perspirant protection, it'll keep going as long as you do.
  • NIVEA Creme 30ml - probably the most versatile cream in the world. It's the perfect multi-purpose mini for your bag. Because it intensively moisturises your skin, you can use it everywhere, hands, face, feet and body for beautiful soft skin.
  • NIVEA Lip Care Essential - containing Hydramine and Grape seed extracts to help the lip's natural moisture levels. Just apply daily, and your lips become softer, smoother and more supple, instant care that ensures the pretty pout will be ready for any dazzling lipstick colour.
These items come packaged in a clear, zipper plastic bag that will be perfect to get through security at the airport and costs approximately £5.99 from all good supermarkets, chemists and beauty retailers.  And there is also a male version, so the man in your life will not feel left out!

My second big tip for flying is to do with your skin!  I find that when I fly on long-haul flights my skin often breaks out into spots and dries out alot, but then there is also the element of my skin looking "grey".  Clearly the pressure in the aircraft cabin affects the skin to a large extent and I always have little tricks that I try to implement before I embark on flying.  These include drinking lots of water before, during and after the flight and trying to avoid alcohol as this will dehydrate your skin even further (I know it is boring, but sacrifices have to be made!). Tee heee heeee Another great tip is to clear any make-up and impurities off your skin with a face wipe before the flight takes off, and to slather on your best moisturizer.  Do this 2 or 3 times on the flight depending on how long it is and you'll see a marked difference in your complexion by the end of the flight.  Just before you land, you can quickly go and do your make-up and touch ups.  I've personally tried this on 3 long-haul flights and it has worked every single time!



 
The Dior Capture Total R60/80 is the BESTest ESTes moisturizer I have EVER EVER tried!  It is a wrinkle creme and I don't have wrinkles yet, but that doesn't even matter!  The texture of the creme itself is satiny and soft, rich and velvety and leaves your skin smooth, beautiful, taught and hydrated beyond belief!  It is very expensive though at £64 per 50ml and about £10 per 15ml.  I'm definitely going to purhase this product again!

Carry some peppermint or rosemary oil on flights. The recirculated air in planes can make the atmosphere stuffy. Rub a dab of essential oil on your temples to help relieve congestion.

Also the nails!  If you have nail polish on during flights, it tends to chip or peel off due to handling your luggage.  This can be pretty unsightly!  I recommend going for a manicure, but not just any manicure!  Nails Inc. has a manicure and pedicure service that last for 3 weeks!  It is a little pricey at £55 but it will last for 3 weeks, and it is chip resistant and super glossy!  I'm definitely going to go for one of these in the next while, I'll keep you posted!

Apply a leave-in conditioner before you begin your journey. Choose one that's formulated for your hair type so it won't weigh your hair down. The stresses of travelling, especially if you go to a different climate, can dry out hair and cause split ends.  There are loads of brands on the market however I haven't decided which is my favourite as my hair is sentimental at the best of times!  However, if you scout around on the internet especially Ebay and Amazon, you can often find some great bargains.  Also check your local Boots, as they are doing 3 for 2 offers on lots of cosmetics and haircare products like John Frieda etc. I quite like the look of ze Paul Mitchell one.

Ze Paul Mitchell leave-in conditioner has de-tangling properties too, and due to my hair being so long...detangling is a great feature.  I'm going to team mine up with this detangling brush from Tangle Teezer is pretty pink!

That concludes my travel beauty section...however I may run another one of these if anybody likes what I've talked about and would like me to review more products and tips for travelling.  Most of all have fun on your flight...I always get that excited feeling when I'm at an airport.

Tata Daaaaahlings ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS