Get to know me

Sunday, 12 October 2014


Hello beautiful people,

This will historically be my very first post! I'm so exciting to start blogging regularly and sharing my views and ideas with you the lovely readers.

This blog is very much a 'work in progress' and will be changing bit by bit. So please don't mind me, it will start making sense shortly.

I thought that I'd share a few things about myself...so here goes:

1) I live on the outskirts of London with my husband. He is a lovely chap and a whiz at DIY. SCORE!

2) Travelling is one of the things we love doing, and regularly plan fun trips. Our most recent few trips included Disney World in Florida and Majorca.

3) I've had the pleasure of hanging out on a luxurious yacht. It was spectacular, but unfortunately I have a tendency towards sea-sickness.

4)  After many practices, I'm still not very good at applying liquid eyeliner. I'll always get one eye perfect, and the other wonky. It is as tragic as the 'eyebrow' situation that is very similar.

5) I've only recently started enjoying wearing lipsticks. Now I can't get enough of those little tubes of colour.

6) My favourite beauty brands include: Liz Earle, Urban Decay, Benefit, Bare Minerals, Marc Jacobs, Lime Crime ... to name but a few.

7) My day job has a scientific twist, and I'm currently studying towards an MSc in Medicinal Chemistry.

8) I love my family and would love nothing better than to add a 'fluffy baby' to my brood. I'm talking about a dog or cat. I'm a huge animal lover and can't wait to get one.

9) I'm a lover of books. Reading is sensationally relaxing in my opinion and a great escape from the mundane. I'm not too fussy about what I read, but recently I read Helen Fieldings latest Bridget Jones book. You can have a look at that here: Mad about a boy
I have to admit that I caught myself laughing out loud on more than one occassion.

10) I work as a freelance editor in my spare time and have currently got one book that was released that I've edited. My friend Yolandie Horak wrote a series about an exiled princess that turns into a fully-fledged queen. The series (The Evangellion Trilogy)  is amazing and I'm so thankful for the opportunity of working with her. Please support her by checking out her books (this is available in kindle form and can also be ordered in paperback). The two books are 'The Rise of the Exile Queen' and 'The Song of War'. The final installment of the books will be released shortly.

Keep on sparkling.
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS